Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Saucy Little Tarts

Can you believe it? I'm already in Week 16 of my 30-week programme! Which means I'm already halfway through and going to return home soon!!!!

Yuppies!!! Though I really love it here - clean air, simplicity, great local produce and natural beauty + classes, I miss home. My parents, my siblings, my bed, my friends and Yew Hong :) And my Beemer and Cooper!!! Oh how I miss them!!!


The King of 853 - King Beemer


Prince Cooper

Still, I loving every minute here and I love every class!! And this week, I started a new 3 week block - individual and production pastries. This means that you will be seeing more of the pretty desserts in bite-size portions! Perfect for the fickle me :)

Yesterday, we made saucy little tarts that are small in size but huge in the taste department :) Have a bite!


Tarte au Citron - Sweet Lemon Custard Tart topped with meringue and fresh raspberry


White Chocolate Barquette. Boat-shaped tarts filled with White Chocolate Mousse, handmolded with whipped cream and dipped in Dark Chocolate. A gold fleck for the added luxury :)


Don't you just love the clean lines and contrasting colours?


French Tartlettes. Oh! These are so delicious that I don't even know how to start! Perfectly backed Tart Shell filled with Fall Fruit Compote (handmade) and topped with Pecan Streusel. A little taste of Christmas for everyday :) Yummy!


Whiskey Caramel Macadamia Tart. Chocolate, Whiskey, Nuts and Caramel! What can be better? You can only imagine the taste of each bite!!!


Blanc et Noir Chocolate Tart. Fudgy Chocolate tarts that didn't turn out as pretty as expected. If you like really dark and bitter chocolate, this is for you :)


Tarte Caramel Walnut with Fleur de Sel. This is my favourite!!!

Yes, just imagine the mind boggling time I have trying to discern the best out of all the delicious treats. But this is really a winner!!! The trick is the Fleur de Sel (or known as salt flower in French). One speck of this special sea salt opens your palate and gives a totally different mouthfeel to this caramel walnut tart. Wait till you try it! The fleur de sel literally pops the flavour of the tart in your mouth!


Cashew Dacquoise. Not a tart but a little meringue sandwich made from cashew nuts Japonaise, Coffee Chantilly cream, rolled in Hazelnut Croquants and topped with a Coco Nib. Sweet and Crunchy for the kid in you.


So that's all about my "tarty" day :) Pick one and I'll make them for you! :)

No comments: