As some of you know, I am a Macaron - fanatic! I love Macarons and I can eat them daily! If you have tried macarons before and know its intense sweetness, you will probably think that I'm nuts and soon to be diabetic :)
But I love Macarons - french macaroons which are essentially 2 sweet biscuit-like meringues with a filling.
To satisfy my cravings and save my money, I spent 3 weeks experimenting and perfecting macarons in Singapore.
Chocolate and Lemon Macarons for Frances' Birthday
My dear friends, Frances and Kelly, had a bottle each of macarons and :) they were so sweet to be my tasters.
World Famous La Duree Macarons which my lovely macaron-fanatic sister bought for me :) how thoughtful, all the way from Harrods in London! I feasted on macarons daily in December 2006.
Thankfully, San Francisco has one of the nicest that I've tasted.
2 years ago, I visited this pretty pastisserie in San Francisco's Ferry Building and had the most memorable macarons. They were even better than those you get at Canele (Les Amis) Singapore.
So this weekend, I treated myself to the long-awaited Miette Macarons. Biting into the macaron was like meeting a very dear, long-lost friend; I fell in love again :)
At US$1.50, they are not cheap. But given the use of all organic ingredients and its unforgettable taste, I had all 5 flavours! Yum!
Chocolate, Chocolate - Mandarin Orange, Grapefruit, Hazelnut and Pistachio
I love the Chocolate ones and Hazelnut because of the Schafferbergen chocolate used in the ganache. They are surprising light on the palette and not overly rich in flavour.
As for the grapefruit and pistachio, I scraped off the buttercream (not a fan) like I always did in France.
I had my first Macaron 5 years ago. I was then an exchange student in Paris and had a burger-sized Macaron daily after school. And I always scrapped off the buttercream filling and only ate the 2 shells.
Now, I'm here at the CIA to learn and my desire is to make the World's best Macaron!
2 comments:
sigh...becareful u become fat like me....
I know... I'm getting fat
Post a Comment