Haha, everyone was wondering if I really did all that from scratch. Guiltily, the answer is YES :) that's why if you are going to order a custom made wedding cake, it will cost a bomb depending on how decorated it is.
Handcrafted White Chocolate Roses - US$7 per piece if you buy (I made these FYI)
The wedding cake business is huge in the USA and it is slowly picking up in Singapore. While i enjoyed making wedding cakes :) I doubt I will spend days over 1 cake, unless I'm really being paid a bomb :) (BIG HINT)
For this wedding cake class, I'm really lucky have Scott as my partner :) Being 40, he is the eldest in class, with 3 Master degrees, ran his own restaurant and is a superb botanist.
My partner - Scott
For our final wedding cake project, we decided on a Jardin au Paradise theme - Garden Paradise :)
Enjoy!
Jardin au Paradise
Cake Enrobed in Rolled Fondant, Piped with Royal Icing, Decorated with Handmade Flowers.
Gum Paste Sweet Peas
Fleur De Lis is the classic French emblem and chosen design for our cake :) Coupled with piped royal icing, painted with luster dust.
We love this cake! and best of all, it was entirely created by Scott and I. An original design and copyright belongs to us! There are just 2 people in this world who can make this - Scott and I!
And Chef Difilipo loves it too! We received full marks! Yuppies!
All four sides of the cake are decorated in a symmetrical way, and designed to replicate a floral garden.
In total, we made 54 flowers from scratch and if you like to order this cake from me, do the math :) 56 X USD 7 = USD 392 for flowers alone (excluding cake)
But trust me, your return on investment is priceless :) if only you can see this cake!d
No comments:
Post a Comment