Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bistro Crush

Another reason for my MIA behaviour is the conception of Bistro Crush. As part of the final practical exam for the Restaurant Desserts module, each team of 2 has to create a restaurant, a 5-course dessert menu, and serve a table of 6 guests within 1 hour!

It was high impact and pressurizing, but I love the rush of adrenaline. I don't have pictures of my 5 desserts but here are some of Bistro Crush.

Have fun!


The Bistro Menu - Simplicity and Elegance


Bistro Crush - Designer Logo :)


Description of Bistro Crush
Crush welcomed its first guest during the grape harvest season of 200o. Inspired by the wine country’s award-winning wines and the North Bay’s abundance of fresh organic produce, this elegant one hundred-seater bistro serves a nouvelle Californian cuisine using classic French techniques.

Crush believes in the beautiful flavor of organic, and locally grown food. Through a close knitted network of organic suppliers, crush presents a menu that showcases nature’s seasonal wonders.

Today, crush invites you to taste summer’s best offerings. Enjoy!


The Dessert Course

While it was crazy creating Bistro Crush, I love it! It helps me train my Martha Stewart skills - menu creation, logo design, writing, scrapbooking :)

Yes, I made and crafted the entire menu :) My partner was mainly interested in cooking. We had a few hiccups during service but we did our best :)


I'm a Martha Stewart wannabe!!!

No comments: