
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1: 15 - 17
Like how the creation Galette des Rois was first inspired by Scriptures, my daily baking and cooking are inspired by my Lord, Jesus Christ. If there is any talent in me, it is clearly because of Him. He is the Creator and through Him, I am able to create :)
Because of God's wonderful creations, I'm blessed with the abundance of summer fruits and produce while in sunny California :) And with God's providence (Hello?? There is no mother nature, only a Holy God), I made a couple of Galettes during the previous weekends. I hope you will like them as much as I do!
Heirloom Tomatoes Galette
When my wonderful host parents, George and Gretchen, invited me to join their family vacation in Lake Tahoe :) I was so excited! I longed to swim like a fish and feel water again after been deprived from a pool in Saint Helena :) haha but I couldn't find my swimsuit, which must have been packed together with my barang and sent home. So no choice, and besides the water was freezing cold!
Since I couldn't get into the water, I did what was best - baking (what else?). My host family were craving for a tea snack and knowing their love for pizzas :) T & I made a tray filled with Heirloom Tomatoes Galettes!
Bright, Juicy, Totally Delicious Organic Tomatoes from the local farmer's market. My eyes popped out when I first saw these funny-looking cute varieties of tomatoes :) It's Tomato Season now! Best time to eat them!
Purple Calabash
Red Zebra
Black Zebra
Galette des Heirloom Tomatoes - Crispy, Buttery Puff Pastry with Summer Heirlooms, Sweet Fresh Basil & Drizzled infused EVO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Last weekend was also another "Galette Day"! My local church in Saint Helena was worshiping in Bothe Park, a National park 5 miles north of Saint Helena, where the congregation first met more than 150 years ago. Being close to nature really reminded us of God's creation and getting back to Him :)
I really wanted to make something for the potluck, so I decided to use the tried-and-tested Galettes again :) This time, they are Plumilicious!
Right now, plums, peaches and figs are reigning in the markets :) Packed with flavour and bright in colours, they are irresistible and great for baking! But be warned, eating too much will make you fart :P
Still, 1 plumilicious galette will definitely make your day! Alright, support my baking and make that 2 okay?
As always, my baking incidents are not without their accidents :) and the plumilicious one is really so "soot" :P
Initially, I made 4 trays of plumilicious galettes but lost one because they caught fire .... Yes, I set them on fire .... Instead of the oven mode, I set the stove to the broiler mode and the intense fire blew from the top onto the galettes. They were totally charred and I freaked out! Had to toss the burnt tray, reset the oven and save the other 3 trays. Sigh... thankfully the fire was controlled. Setting off the fire alarm at 7 AM on a Sunday morning isn't exactly my ideal graduation present to the school.
Still, the galettes were worth every effort :) and very well-received by my church friends :) That was all that matters!
I love making Galettes that I believe they will be one of my signature pastries in the future! Stay tuned :)
Galette de Plumilicious
No comments:
Post a Comment