A slice of "Japan Hour"
By now, I'm known as the "Macaron" queen aka "Green Tea" queen and "Piping Queen" in my class due to my insane obsession with the above 3 items :) Even chef seems to become accustomed to my "Macaron" madness as I churned out daily batches of Macarons last week.
I tried scaling down the quantity of Macarons produced but given the amount needed to whip up a stable meringue, I had no choice (wink wink). Each time, I had to produce at least 30 Macarons per batch even though I technically needed only 16 :) (seriously, I'm not joking, I halved my recipe but the production failed!)
Armed with 120 Macaron shells ("coques" in French), I returned back to my dorm and starting piping my delicious coffee cream into them. The macarons turned out really pretty and sweet, and I knew that I had to make them into a special gift for my San Franciscan friend, Veronica!

Veronica, Me and T
My dear ex-colleague and college friend, Ying, first introduced sweet Veronica to me as I was planning to fly to San Francisco. A fellow Singaporean, Veronica has been based in SF for many years and she is so hospitable, really nice and fun to be with! And whenever I visit her in SF, she will whip up a storm for me and make me feel at home :) I'm so blessed to know her and like me, we are crazy about pretty, little things :)
We share a common love for beauty and Macarons :) and there's no better person to give this gift but Veronica :) (heehee, my sister is too far away to eat them).
Orange-A-Go-Go Macarons and Kopi Espresso Macarons, both sandwiched with Cafe Creme
I was still day-dreaming about being Martha Stewart for the day, and came up with a little San Franciscan "Take-away" Box to house these sweet treats :)
And Martha Stewart is always prepared with ribbons, bows and all things nice, and so was I :) To match the delicate pastel hues of the Macarons, I choose pink tissue and a pink/green ribbon to complete the look :)
So there you have it! In my little attempt to be Martha Stewart, I tried making little gifts for Veronica & Chelsea (another SF friend) :) and I'm really glad that Veronica enjoyed them!
Hopefully my dream of becoming Asia's Martha Stewart (haha) will one day be fulfilled :). With my room filled with all my craft barang, I think I'm 20% there :)
Till then, my Orange-A-Go-Go and Kopi Expresso will keep me happy for now :)
1 comment:
MISS U LOADS! Thanks so much for the very very cute card! I love iT!!!! how was ur graduation ceremony? Chef Macaronsoot? load pics soon oK!
Muacks
Fran
Post a Comment