I'm totally infatuated with Macarons! Yes, this is the French spelling and as you know, I have a tendency to eat a few daily :)
To satisfy my craving and to test a La Duree recipe (a secret recipe imparted by a French chef when I was assisting him during a conference), I decided to make Macaron.
My partner and I were crazily trying to prepare for Bistro Crush's (read previous post) opening day. Still, I insisted to include Macaron au Citron into one of the desserts, and went ahead. When it comes to Macaron, I can be pretty stubborn :)
And on 27th July, I mastered it!!!!!!! I finally did it!!!!!! It's 100 times better than my try in December!
I made my best Macaron!!! In fact, it was so well received that the head Pastry chef of Bouchon Bakery (Thomas Keller's) commented in a review that it was GREAT!!!!!
I was head over heels with my Macaron. They were so beautiful with the perfect smooth dome, crackled feet and delicious filling.
:) I'm just happy!
And being so enthusiastic about Macarons, I made 60 when I only needed 7. Chef was totally bewildered and amused, but he graciously allowed me to bring the extra to church :) My church friends love them! The head baker of Model Bakery said they were perfect too!
2 Macarons were created on 27 July 2007
- Vanilla Bean Queen with Luscious Lemony Cream
- Vanilla Bean Queen with the Chocolate Sage
Vanilla Bean Queen
Oh, I'm in love again :)
Crunchy and Crispy Macaron, chewy on the inside and melts in your mouth!
My over enthusiasm :) 60 Macarons
I'll be selling Macarons and other goodies this Christmas :) Packaged in mini bags that are perfect as Christmas gifts, I hope to share Christ's love with others through my Macarons.
So do let me know if you are keen! I have other flavours too!
:) email me at esootay@gmail.com
3 comments:
Hey Suting! =)
Wow... ... another few postings of your fabulous dessert. Really looks yummie =P
Yeah, macaron's totally your trademark. And yes, do count me in for the macaron order this xmas! Hee!
Cheers & see you real soon in SG yar! ~ hee, coz it's alreadi august, time really flies.
hey sharon :) thank you thank you!
heehee I'm so crazy about it and going to come up with more flavours. Will definitely keep you posted and yes, see you soon! How's it going? Really miss you all :)
going to be fat fat fat.
T_T
Post a Comment